THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 25, 2010

so what. sue me.

My uncle although he barely warrants that name, had a heart attack this past week. He called yesterday to talk to my family.

After not talking to any of us except my papa for over a decade.




Things happen. People do things that are wrong. They mess up.
It’s all part of life.

And considering that I am not one to judge because I am going to need as much mercy and grace as I can get, and the fact that I can usually get over things pretty quickly, more quickly than many others 99% of the time, the situation has frustrated me.

But then the emotional is quick to shut up, as my logical side begins its argument.

He hasn’t been a part of my life for over a decade. He hasn’t cared to even remotely make an effort to say anything to me. He didn’t care about anything I have done, and be assured my step grandmother has talked...she makes sure she catches up on her Sunday gossip.

I have done some pretty great things in my life and he still hasn’t said a single word to me.

Now I do have issues of abandonment I deal with. I don’t want someone to bounce in and out of my life as if there is nothing that will be lost or hurt. So sue me if I am not just joyous about him coming in the summer. It shouldn’t take a heart attack for someone to care.

Apparently it does.


Old habits die hard; I have a feeling that it will be no surprise if he does the same thing again. So excuse me for not throwing a party in honor of his return.

I am sure with some time I may get over these feelings, but for now I am entitled to feel the way I do. Come what may and things may be different, I will be polite and kind, but I don’t feel like there is spot for him in my life where he will wreck whatever chaos he can and then turn away and act as if nothing happened and I do not exist.

Just because a woman can pop a child out of her body does not mean she is a mother. She is merely a parent. It takes a lot more to be given the title of a mother. And the same principles apply to being anyone in my life.

So let’s see what he has to offer.

0 comments: