THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thoughts for April 1st 2009

I went to the temple yesterday with my best friend, Kelsey. It was beautiful. I had a wonderful experience. Special.

It got me to thinking. About many things. Have you ever thought about the love that you and Christ share? Alright to make my point, think about the following things.

When a woman is pursued by a man, what happens?

-there is JOY, you know, waking out of bed, excited for the day, waiting on his first text ect...
-there is motivation for life and success, it drives us to be better
-there is courage for change, most become healthier, and lose weight
-smiles are bigger, whiter, more commonly seen, not just through their lips, but eyes

The point is, love transforms. Everything.

I have only been in love once, and it being more one sided, even then, changed my whole life. Imagine a man, deeply attached to me, fond of me, genuinely interested in me, pursuing me, my heart, all of me.

What would happen then?

So, if you take an infinite love, one that does not cease, waver, falter, with time, or distance, or feelings getting hurt, or appearance, or with everything life brings and all of the things in between. It never loses any value. For all of eternity.

It is nice to be loved as such. That is Christ-like love. He loves us like that. His loved is always offered, and always has been. Christ is the greatest lover. Should that alone, not be the pivoting point in our lives where we choose our future? I want to be with someone, somewhere where I am wanted and loved for just being me.

We all have been caught up in those "love triangles", where you like someone, maybe even almost love, and they only think of you as "the friend" or just the person, acquaintance, while they tell you of how they love someone else, and they show it.

How does Christ feel, when he has given us his life, just so he can love us. And we turn down that ultimate love, and he is left alone at night, wondering (OK, not so much wondering, waiting) how to win our hearts over. And we keep choosing sin, Satan, the other man. Who in all reality, doesn't care about us, doesn't love us.

Wow.

Here is a song, by Rihanna that I have tweaked and added, and took some to make my point about sin. And love. And Christ.

"Story of my life,
I've been searching for the right,
But it keeps avoiding me.
Sorrow in my soul,
Because it seems that wrong,
Really loves my company.
He's more than a man,
And this is more than love,
The reason that the sky is blue.
The clouds are rolling in,
Because I'm gone and sinned again,
To him I just can't be true.
I know that he knows we know I'm unfaithful,
And it kills him inside,
To know that I am happy,
With some other guy.
I can see him dying.
I don't wanna do this anymore,
I don't wanna be the reason why,
Every time I walk out the door,
I see him die a little more inside.
I don't wanna hurt him anymore,
I don't wanna take away his life.
I don't wanna be... A murderer.
I feel it in the air,
As I'm doing my hair,
Preparing for another day.
Still, a kiss upon my cheek,
We both know,
Where I'm about to go,
And we know it very well.
Our love,
His trust,
I might as well take a gun and put it to his head,
Get it over with.
I don't wanna do this,
Anymore.
I don't wanna do this anymore,
I don't wanna be the reason why,
And every time I walk out the door,
I see him die a little more inside I don't wanna hurt him anymore,
I don't wanna take away his life.
I don't wanna be... A murderer."

Obviously I have close experience with this, but I know all is well. And I want you to know too. Christ didn't just die for every sin we commit only once, otherwise, his atonement would not be an infinite atonement, it is called that because it covers every sin, and every time we have committed that sin. That truely is a God-like characteristic, to cover EVERYTHING.

The beauty of LOVE.

0 comments: