THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 8, 2008

The countdown to Christmas


My school is officially ending Friday. Still too soon, yet not soon enough. With a pile of homework laughing in my face, making fun of the fact that i yet have to write three essays and give time that I cannot because it is not. How nice it would be to own my own time. It is mine after all right? I should decide who gets it, and when, I would be fully and happily devoted then.
But that is not this day. So I will continue working through my days of strenuous college work, with late nights of more homework than I can chew, least to say bite off. I am trying to find humor in my situation, yet it seems to be hiding somewhere only few know.
I sit at a wonderful after school program, I am working with what they consider high risk children. I don't understand why they label them by such an intimidating title. These children are beautiful, with genius minds. Little models, and chefs in the making. Why put a damper on them by calling them names?
the snow is softly falling as I look out the window. And yet again, the loneliness of not having a man, to be with creeps up and swallows me and completely engulfs me entirely. It almost looks like a movie, I wish I could replay the snow fall. It is beautiful. Why is love so fiercely sought after? Desired? At times its unbearable. Until I hear the dingle of a message from my friend. My dear, dear friend. Is it so, can it be? That someone so special can fill such a deep, bottomless, hollow pit inside the one thing that cannot be touched? Yes. Yes. Take comfort in that. I do.
As I prepare for the weeks to come. I feel intimidated by the shoes and tasks I must fill. The neck of my home will be impaired for 14 days. I will take care of an entire household. Maybe my baby hunger will be suppressed by this, but not even working with these children feeds my heart.
How can I silence my heart, it is crying out for a love? If you can tell me, do so now, if not, prepare for more of my hearts lyrics.
I never thought I would see the day come when I would actually be able to smile with real and purposeful intent. But I have climbed the mountain, but there are more to climb, come with me on my adventure,be here, and enjoy the splendor with me.

0 comments: